In a food processor, blend:
Plain Greek yogurt
No specific measurements- add as much of each to your taste or thickness preference.
In season now: tomatoes! Hip hip hooray! One of my favorite foods :) soo delicious. And what’s better than making sauce with tomatoes? That’s right- marinating them. So simple, fresh and did I mention delicious??
Here’s my recipe for a light, summery dish full of tomato goodness and other fresh herbs.
Fresh Bruschetta Penne
-1 lb penne pasta
– 3 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
– ½ cup olive oil
– 1 tsp salt
– ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 1 cup packed basil, cut into ribbons
– 8 oz mozzarella, cut into small cubes
– flaked sea salt for seasoning
1. In a large bowl, gently toss together the cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover with and let marinate for at least 30 minutes and no more than one hour at room temperature.
2. Set a large pot to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions (I like to also use whole wheat pasta).
3. Toss the hot pasta with the marinated tomato mixture.
4. Top with a generous sprinkling of flaked sea salt. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Perfect pairing with wine for a lovely summer dish!
Rise and shine! Sunday mornings for me are what I look forward to most weeks. I normally get to spend them with my sister so I always love to cook breakfast for us. This morning I was really inspired and was craving something with a kick to it…. So today I made a Mexican-inspired egg in a nest. Still somewhat healthy but a little indulgent as well! Here’s what I did:
Cut the center out of a piece of whole grain wheat toast (I use the bottom of a small cup to cut it out).
Place toast in frying pan and crack one large egg into it. I like to keep my yolk runny but that’s all up to you! Cook to your liking. Don’t forget to flip!
Slice up some cheese.. I used spicy habanero cheese for some serious kick. Melt on top of toast and egg.
Meanwhile, throw a slice of turkey breast in the frying pan and let it cook for about a minute or two.
Spread fresh avocado or guacamole like I did (also spicy!) and then add the slice of turkey breast over top.
Top with fresh tomato slices and some pepper and enjoy!
So easy and quick to make! It’s also very filling and looks great on Instagram ;)