It’s about that time of year again- FALL! My absolute favorite :) What would a little pre-fall celebration be without some baking?? Oh the fall baking list is endless. Be prepared for lots of recipes coming your way. The first day of autumn is officially this Sunday, the 22nd, so let the countdown begin!
Pumpkin Banana Bread with Praline Pecans
- 1 cup all pourpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup praline pecans for topping (chopped and optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, bananas, eggs and yogurt together.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until well blended. Add in the chopped pecans if you wish.
- Place batter in a lightly greased bread baking pan and then top with the chopped praline pecans and sprinkle with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown- about 60 minutes.
**Once cool, refrigerate bread (wrap in tin foil) to let the bread gel together and become more moist/ gooey. (Optional- but my preference!)