Attention chocolate lovers! If you want to impress your guests this Thanksgiving or any other holiday, I highly suggest you use this recipe. It is a recipe I got from my mom and for years, people have hounded her for this recipe. It is super moist, super delicious, and super easy!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding (not sugar free- sorry dieters!)
- 1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 8oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 12oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, in a large bowl. Once well mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease with non stick spray (not flour) a large bundt pan.
- Bake about 50 minutes (or less depending on your oven).
- Let cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
Seriously, you just whip this all together and bake! It is so easy. The sour cream makes it super moist and you can even add variations such as different types of chocolate chips (butterscotch, dark or white, peppermint, peanut butter, whatever). If you like the peppermint idea, try adding a few drops of peppermint extract in as well. Very holiday-ish! However, the original recipe you cannot go wrong with. If I am not taking this to a party or get-together, I like to serve it with a dollop of cool whip! Sooo good!! I also have miniature bundt cake pans that I use sometimes to make individual cakes to share (mind you that if you try this bake for less time).
Hope you enjoy the recipe!